Time running out to register to vote in Sutton Council elections 2014
Anyone who is not registered to vote has until May 6 to make sure they can take part in upcoming elections.
Sutton Council elections take place on Thursday, May 22, but the deadline to make sure you can vote is approaching.
There are more than 147,000 people eligible to vote in Sutton but only those who are registered can cast their votes.
Niall Bolger, chief executive of Sutton Council, said: "We want to ensure that no-one misses out on their right to vote simply because they aren't registered.
"Some people think that you’re automatically registered once you pay council tax, but that isn't the case. Others may think they’ve already missed the deadline.
"But it’s not too late. People can still help choose the person they want to represent them locally for the next four years. If you don't register, you can’t vote, and so you can’t have a say."
People can register to vote by visiting www.sutton.gov.uk/vote. If you have changed your name or moved house you can contact electoral services by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Husband who assaulted wife at tram stop in Mitcham must do unpaid work and pay fine
- Young author from Carshalton looking for help in turning Jolly Jim the explorer into a reality
- TIMELAPSE VIDEO: New Hackbridge junction brings sense of community and safety, planners say
- Have your say on Wimbledon to Sutton Tramlink extension as four possible routes are revealed
- Daniel Dutfield appears in court after death of pregnant 22-year-old girlfriend Jessica Fenner at baby shower
Comments are closed on this article.