Sutton police boss Guy Ferguson 'humbled and delighted' after by Sutton police heroes
Sutton's top cop has praised the bravery of his officers after three of them went above and beyond the call of duty in separate incidents within hours of each other.
Sutton Borough Commander, Detective Chief Superintendent Guy Ferguson, told people who attended a meeting last Thursday he asked his officers to go the extra mile and "surprise and delight" members of the public.
Just two days later his words were put into practice when three police workers showed bravery and determination in separate incidents on Sunday.
A member of police staff and his son kicked down a door to rescue a man from a burning flat in Station Approach, Cheam, PCSO Vanessa Lewis managed to talk a knife-wielding suspect into giving himself up without anyone getting injured.
And dog handler PC Andy Spearing and his faithful canine managed to apprehend a burglar while he was on his way home from a long shift at work.
Det Ch Supt Ferguson said he was "humbled and delighted" by the bravery of the workers.
- Husband who assaulted wife at tram stop in Mitcham must do unpaid work and pay fine
- Young author from Carshalton looking for help in turning Jolly Jim the explorer into a reality
- TIMELAPSE VIDEO: New Hackbridge junction brings sense of community and safety, planners say
- Have your say on Wimbledon to Sutton Tramlink extension as four possible routes are revealed
- Daniel Dutfield appears in court after death of pregnant 22-year-old girlfriend Jessica Fenner at baby shower
Comments are closed on this article.