Heartbroken girl searches for dog called Lucky after he was stolen in a burglary
Burglars stole a 12-year-old's beloved pet dog called Lucky during a break-in yesterday.
The heartbroken young girl has been scouring the streets since lucky went missing in the hope of finding the black Yorkshire terrier.
The dog was taken from the house in Cranbourne Road between 8.45am and 4pm yesterday.
The intruders opened the rear patio doors and took the dog as well as a Grand Theft Auto V Xbox game from the family console.
A 14-year-old boy has been arrested in connection with the burglary but the dog has not been recovered.
Officers believe the animal is still in Sutton. It has been micro-chipped and was wearing a collar that was either green or red and white.
A police spokesman said: "Our enquiries lead us to believe that the fact the dog has gone missing is an isolated incident and should not be a cause for concern to dog owners elsewhere.
"The family is upset and someone will know where this dog is - so if you have any information, please call us."
If you have information that could help police, you can call 101 or the charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- TIMELAPSE VIDEO: New Hackbridge junction brings sense of community and safety, planners say
- Have your say on Wimbledon to Sutton Tramlink extension as four possible routes are revealed
- Daniel Dutfield appears in court after death of pregnant 22-year-old girlfriend Jessica Fenner at baby shower
- Missing girl returns home after Sutton Guardian appeal
- Sutton schools lead the way in green credentials
Comments are closed on this article.