Burglars stole a 12-year-old's beloved pet dog called Lucky during a break-in yesterday.
The heartbroken young girl has been scouring the streets since lucky went missing in the hope of finding the black Yorkshire terrier.
The dog was taken from the house in Cranbourne Road between 8.45am and 4pm yesterday.
The intruders opened the rear patio doors and took the dog as well as a Grand Theft Auto V Xbox game from the family console.
A 14-year-old boy has been arrested in connection with the burglary but the dog has not been recovered.
Officers believe the animal is still in Sutton. It has been micro-chipped and was wearing a collar that was either green or red and white.
A police spokesman said: "Our enquiries lead us to believe that the fact the dog has gone missing is an isolated incident and should not be a cause for concern to dog owners elsewhere.
"The family is upset and someone will know where this dog is - so if you have any information, please call us."
If you have information that could help police, you can call 101 or the charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- Weather: A sunny start with rain to follow
- Sutton man, 32, dies after being pushed from boat by friend in 'prank gone wrong' during stag party
- Road closed due to 'police incident'
- WATCH: Can you spot the crime? Video shows devious bank machine scam sweeping UK
- Police hunt man who attacked parent at children's football match with set of keys