Burglars stole a 12-year-old's beloved pet dog called Lucky during a break-in yesterday.
The heartbroken young girl has been scouring the streets since lucky went missing in the hope of finding the black Yorkshire terrier.
The dog was taken from the house in Cranbourne Road between 8.45am and 4pm yesterday.
The intruders opened the rear patio doors and took the dog as well as a Grand Theft Auto V Xbox game from the family console.
A 14-year-old boy has been arrested in connection with the burglary but the dog has not been recovered.
Officers believe the animal is still in Sutton. It has been micro-chipped and was wearing a collar that was either green or red and white.
A police spokesman said: "Our enquiries lead us to believe that the fact the dog has gone missing is an isolated incident and should not be a cause for concern to dog owners elsewhere.
"The family is upset and someone will know where this dog is - so if you have any information, please call us."
If you have information that could help police, you can call 101 or the charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- Serving army sergeant to stand trial accused of sexually attacking woman and girls in Cheam and Croydon barracks
- Fire destroys St Helier flat and leaves man requiring hospital treatment
- Motorcyclist "angrily berates" pedestrian in suspected hit and run
- Judge condemns Wandsworth Prison security after inmate imports machine guns from his cell
- Robins best Eagles in Surrey County Cup semi-final