A driver who claims she was fined for taking a slurp of a Slush Puppy while she was in a traffic jam has hit out at police.
Wallington woman Sophie Vaughan said she was sitting in a traffic jam in Carshalton having a sip of her bright blue raspberry flavour iced drink when a passing policeman slapped her with a £100 fine for driving without due care and attention.
She said four officers attended while she was given the fine in her Ford Ka convertible.
The 22-year-old branded the officers "petty and ridiculous".
She added: "I wasn't even moving. I'm outraged.
"To have four police officers dealing with such a petty thing is a joke."
According to the law, if a motorist is doing anything that could result in their driving falling below an acceptable standard, then they could be driving without due care and attention.
- ‘We’ve received no complaints’: Council claims about rubbish bin collection service
- New Mayor ‘humbled’ after being appointed at Sutton Council
- This is when you will be able to pick lavender at an idyllic spot in Carshalton
- Terror alert raised to critical after Manchester terror attack
- Children among dead as death toll rises after Manchester bombing