Tom Brake MP has swapped his usual yellow for a more striking shade of purple to raise awareness of epilepsy.
The Carshalton and Wallington MP marked Purple Day - an international day for raising awareness of the condition - by donning a purple tie when he took to the dispatch box in front of other MPs in the House of Commons on Wednesday, March 26.
Mr Brake said: "I am proud to raise awareness of such a life-altering condition.
"Stress, tiredness and missing meals are everyday issues for many of us but with no real consequences.
"For people subject to epilepsy, these could trigger severe seizures."
- Chief sub gets muddy for mencap
- Pensioner Gloria Foster found dying on her bed after being left for nine days by carers
- Actors and directors heartbroken as Sutton's theatres face curtain call
- Council tax con-artists target people in Sutton
- Sutton Community Farm receives £10,000 funding