Tom Brake MP for Carshalton and Wallington starts wearing purple to raise epilepsy awareness
Tom Brake MP has swapped his usual yellow for a more striking shade of purple to raise awareness of epilepsy.
The Carshalton and Wallington MP marked Purple Day - an international day for raising awareness of the condition - by donning a purple tie when he took to the dispatch box in front of other MPs in the House of Commons on Wednesday, March 26.
Mr Brake said: "I am proud to raise awareness of such a life-altering condition.
"Stress, tiredness and missing meals are everyday issues for many of us but with no real consequences.
"For people subject to epilepsy, these could trigger severe seizures."
- Thousands of teenagers wake up to their GCSE results
- Hackbridge songwriter Tony Power releases album with his pop heroes from the past fifty years
- View our full of table of this year's A-level results compared to 2013
- Worcester Park railway bridge looking miles better after a lick of paint
- Hackbridge lollipop lady allowed to stick around
Comments are closed on this article.