Tom Brake MP for Carshalton and Wallington starts wearing purple to raise epilepsy awareness
Tom Brake MP has swapped his usual yellow for a more striking shade of purple to raise awareness of epilepsy.
The Carshalton and Wallington MP marked Purple Day - an international day for raising awareness of the condition - by donning a purple tie when he took to the dispatch box in front of other MPs in the House of Commons on Wednesday, March 26.
Mr Brake said: "I am proud to raise awareness of such a life-altering condition.
"Stress, tiredness and missing meals are everyday issues for many of us but with no real consequences.
"For people subject to epilepsy, these could trigger severe seizures."
- EVENTS: Commemorate the 100th anniversary of the First World War in Sutton this weekend
- Conmen dupe 78-year-old woman out of nearly £3,000
- "I will stay here until they evict me"- says man at loggerheads with the council
- From charging at rioters to rescuing hamsters - outgoing top cop shares his stories
- Carshalton chicken shop hoodies attack vulnerable man
Comments are closed on this article.