Tom Brake MP for Carshalton and Wallington starts wearing purple to raise epilepsy awareness
Tom Brake MP has swapped his usual yellow for a more striking shade of purple to raise awareness of epilepsy.
The Carshalton and Wallington MP marked Purple Day - an international day for raising awareness of the condition - by donning a purple tie when he took to the dispatch box in front of other MPs in the House of Commons on Wednesday, March 26.
Mr Brake said: "I am proud to raise awareness of such a life-altering condition.
"Stress, tiredness and missing meals are everyday issues for many of us but with no real consequences.
"For people subject to epilepsy, these could trigger severe seizures."
- War weapons and medals stolen in Sutton burglary
- Husband who assaulted wife at tram stop in Mitcham must do unpaid work and pay fine
- Young author from Carshalton looking for help in turning Jolly Jim the explorer into a reality
- TIMELAPSE VIDEO: New Hackbridge junction brings sense of community and safety, planners say
- Have your say on Wimbledon to Sutton Tramlink extension as four possible routes are revealed
Comments are closed on this article.