Tom Brake MP has swapped his usual yellow for a more striking shade of purple to raise awareness of epilepsy.
The Carshalton and Wallington MP marked Purple Day - an international day for raising awareness of the condition - by donning a purple tie when he took to the dispatch box in front of other MPs in the House of Commons on Wednesday, March 26.
Mr Brake said: "I am proud to raise awareness of such a life-altering condition.
"Stress, tiredness and missing meals are everyday issues for many of us but with no real consequences.
"For people subject to epilepsy, these could trigger severe seizures."
- ‘Rubbish dip’: Woman kept trash bags in bath after collectors failed to take her garbage for three weeks
- Man jailed for ‘vile abuse’ hurled at a transgender woman at a supermarket
- This North Cheam eyesore is going nowhere after plans for 88 flats were knocked back
- Anyone hoping for snow this week or a dry bank holiday is going to be disappointed
- Robbers steal cash from armoured van in Carshalton