Tom Brake MP has swapped his usual yellow for a more striking shade of purple to raise awareness of epilepsy.
The Carshalton and Wallington MP marked Purple Day - an international day for raising awareness of the condition - by donning a purple tie when he took to the dispatch box in front of other MPs in the House of Commons on Wednesday, March 26.
Mr Brake said: "I am proud to raise awareness of such a life-altering condition.
"Stress, tiredness and missing meals are everyday issues for many of us but with no real consequences.
"For people subject to epilepsy, these could trigger severe seizures."
- GALLERY: Your photos of Storm Doris chaos
- 'They have no shame': Sutton Lib Dems accused of using U’s cup success to collect fans’ data
- Doris Day travel disruptions: Here’s where to avoid
- UPDATE: Missing puppy farm rescue dog from Sutton found after 10 days on the streets
- Sex survey shows how much action south London couples are getting each month