Tom Brake MP has swapped his usual yellow for a more striking shade of purple to raise awareness of epilepsy.
The Carshalton and Wallington MP marked Purple Day - an international day for raising awareness of the condition - by donning a purple tie when he took to the dispatch box in front of other MPs in the House of Commons on Wednesday, March 26.
Mr Brake said: "I am proud to raise awareness of such a life-altering condition.
"Stress, tiredness and missing meals are everyday issues for many of us but with no real consequences.
"For people subject to epilepsy, these could trigger severe seizures."
- Grass pile self-ignites on edge of nature reserve and school playing fields
- Empty cannabis factory burst into flames after unwitting engineer reconnected power supply
- Bomb scare: World War II hand grenade handed into Sutton police station
- Find them: These photos are a sad reminder of London's missing children
- Double Take: King of swing ad Michael Buble tribute acts doing their bit for hospice