Two teenage boys have been arrested on suspicion of starting a fire on the top deck of a bus.
A fire was started on the top deck of a 154 bus as it drove through Sutton in the early hours of Saturday morning.
It is believed two boys got on the bus in the Roundshaw estate and started the fire when the bus was in Elm Grove in Sutton before getting off at the junction of Carshalton Road and Ringstead Road in Sutton.
Firefighters had to smash windows on the bus to put out the fire while police searched the area.
Two boys, a 14-year-old and a 15-year-old, were stopped in Westmead Road and arrested on suspicion of arson at 6am.
They have been bailed pending further enquiries.
The fire caused smoke damage to the top deck of the bus. No one was hurt.
- WEATHER: Warm temperatures set to continue as summer comes to an end
- What's On: 10 reasons to go out this week in south London
- Sharp increase in council fines for parents whose children missed school
- Pensioner died after St Helier Hospital staff inserted feeding tube into lung in 'gross failure'
- 'Inexcusable, reprehensible and shameful': Sutton Council condemns Lib Dem who defrauded charity with forged cheques