Two teenage boys have been arrested on suspicion of starting a fire on the top deck of a bus.
A fire was started on the top deck of a 154 bus as it drove through Sutton in the early hours of Saturday morning.
It is believed two boys got on the bus in the Roundshaw estate and started the fire when the bus was in Elm Grove in Sutton before getting off at the junction of Carshalton Road and Ringstead Road in Sutton.
Firefighters had to smash windows on the bus to put out the fire while police searched the area.
Two boys, a 14-year-old and a 15-year-old, were stopped in Westmead Road and arrested on suspicion of arson at 6am.
They have been bailed pending further enquiries.
The fire caused smoke damage to the top deck of the bus. No one was hurt.
- Documentary on the privatization of the NHS to be aired
- Ghosts, screaming spirits and hauntings: Which are the most spooky places?
- Send us your scariest Halloween pictures
- Question the people aiming to become your MP at our Sutton Debates
- Vulnerable missing man found safe and well