Teens arrested after fire breaks out on top deck of 154 bus in Sutton
Two teenage boys have been arrested on suspicion of starting a fire on the top deck of a bus.
A fire was started on the top deck of a 154 bus as it drove through Sutton in the early hours of Saturday morning.
It is believed two boys got on the bus in the Roundshaw estate and started the fire when the bus was in Elm Grove in Sutton before getting off at the junction of Carshalton Road and Ringstead Road in Sutton.
Firefighters had to smash windows on the bus to put out the fire while police searched the area.
Two boys, a 14-year-old and a 15-year-old, were stopped in Westmead Road and arrested on suspicion of arson at 6am.
They have been bailed pending further enquiries.
The fire caused smoke damage to the top deck of the bus. No one was hurt.
- Elderly people in Sutton enjoy free drumming sessions
- Hospice seeking volunteers to join supporter groups
- 26-year-old entrepreneur wins award from the Prime Minister
- Journeys to be disrupted as London Bridge station closes for a week
- Fake window cleaners steal £1,200 worth of jewellery from 95-year-old woman