A Lucky dog has been reunited with its owners after being stolen in a burglary.
The jet black Yorkshire terrier named Lucky was taken from a house in Cambourne Road, Sutton, in a break-in on March 31.
It owners, including a distraught 12-year-old girl, scoured the area for the pet but to no avail.
Just as they were beginning to lose hope, they learned Lucky had been handed in to the Riverside Animal Centre in Beddington Park.
Staff at the centre scanned Lucky's microchip and were able to trace the family.
A 14-year-old boy has been arrested in connection with the burglary. He has been bailed pending further enquiries.
- Teenage girl fends off attempted abduction
- Man exposes himself to woman while out in Beddington Park
- Special needs pupils complete five day sailing expedition for Duke of Edinburgh award
- Winners of our Young Reporter scheme for 2015 celebrated at awards
- Whoops! - You olny had one job...