A Lucky dog has been reunited with its owners after being stolen in a burglary.
The jet black Yorkshire terrier named Lucky was taken from a house in Cambourne Road, Sutton, in a break-in on March 31.
It owners, including a distraught 12-year-old girl, scoured the area for the pet but to no avail.
Just as they were beginning to lose hope, they learned Lucky had been handed in to the Riverside Animal Centre in Beddington Park.
Staff at the centre scanned Lucky's microchip and were able to trace the family.
A 14-year-old boy has been arrested in connection with the burglary. He has been bailed pending further enquiries.
- Charity's research on prison officer cuts slammed as "deliberately misleading"
- Child hit by motorcyclist at pedestrian crossing
- Firefighters come out in force for training exercise at Sutton Hospital
- Lawn and order: Picnickers fight back at moves to block use of public gardens
- Sutton man charged with House of Commons outburst after marbles were thrown toward MPs