A Lucky dog has been reunited with its owners after being stolen in a burglary.
The jet black Yorkshire terrier named Lucky was taken from a house in Cambourne Road, Sutton, in a break-in on March 31.
It owners, including a distraught 12-year-old girl, scoured the area for the pet but to no avail.
Just as they were beginning to lose hope, they learned Lucky had been handed in to the Riverside Animal Centre in Beddington Park.
Staff at the centre scanned Lucky's microchip and were able to trace the family.
A 14-year-old boy has been arrested in connection with the burglary. He has been bailed pending further enquiries.
- Head-on van and car crash
- The 11 most read stories in Sutton from 2014
- Night bus drivers treat infected fox with medicinal jam sandwiches
- Sutton shop owner named Britain's best pharmacist
- Hunt on for 'gentleman' burglar who kisses his victims goodbye