A Lucky dog has been reunited with its owners after being stolen in a burglary.
The jet black Yorkshire terrier named Lucky was taken from a house in Cambourne Road, Sutton, in a break-in on March 31.
It owners, including a distraught 12-year-old girl, scoured the area for the pet but to no avail.
Just as they were beginning to lose hope, they learned Lucky had been handed in to the Riverside Animal Centre in Beddington Park.
Staff at the centre scanned Lucky's microchip and were able to trace the family.
A 14-year-old boy has been arrested in connection with the burglary. He has been bailed pending further enquiries.
- Former teacher to stand trial on charges of making paedophilic photographs
- Householders force burglars armed with silver handguns out of their home
- Man killed by train near Carshalton Railway Station
- New windows and doors approved for 22 Sutton Housing Partnership homes
- Sutton's Lesbian Gay Bisexual and Transgender community club together for charity calendar