A teenage girl is in hospital with serious head injuries after being run down as two drivers apparently raced each other in a Carshalton street.
Police are hunting two drivers who failed to stop after a 16-year-old girl and a 22-year-old man were knocked down in Welbeck Road, Carshalton, shortly before 9.20pm on Saturday.
The girl was taken to St George's Hospital in Tooting for treatment to a serious head injury and remains there today.
The man was taken to St Helier Hospital for treatment to cuts and bruises.
A witness said two cars - a silver Volkswagen Golf and a Vauxhall Corsa - were racing each other along the residential street before they collided with the two pedestrians.
The road was closed for several hours while police and paramedics attended.
If you have information you can call police on 101 or the charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Did you see what happened or know anyone who was involved? Call reporter Mike Murphy-Pyle on 0208 722 6359 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Police 'increasingly concerned' for well-being of teenager missing from home for nearly a month
- POLL RESULT: Big majority of you want to remain in EU as Article 50 triggers Brexit
- Calls for speed cameras to be introduced after car flips over in Cheam
- Twenty firefighters tackle fire at block of flats in Sutton
- MPs warn of falling school standards amid savings drive 'delusion'