A robber left a woman needing hospital treatment for the sake of just £20 this morning.
A woman was walking along an alley between Sutton Common Road and Hallmead Road when she was shoved from behind by an unseen assailant between 6am and 6.15am today.
The robber took two £10 notes from her purse then fled, leaving the victim lying in the alley.
A passerby found the woman with cuts and grazes to her face and called emergency services.
She was taken to hospital for treatment and the alley was cordoned off by police while a forensic examination took place.
If you saw anything in the area at the time or have any other information that could help police, you can call 101 or the charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- Royal Marsden Hospital treatment takes on another dimension
- Inmate on trial for 'masterminding Scorpion machine gun-running ring' from his prison cell
- Beddington incinerator battle boils over to a higher court
- Anti-dome campaigners rally before meeting to decide fate of school's plans
- Devonshire Primary School support staff given a surprise thank you from pupils