A robber left a woman needing hospital treatment for the sake of just £20 this morning.
A woman was walking along an alley between Sutton Common Road and Hallmead Road when she was shoved from behind by an unseen assailant between 6am and 6.15am today.
The robber took two £10 notes from her purse then fled, leaving the victim lying in the alley.
A passerby found the woman with cuts and grazes to her face and called emergency services.
She was taken to hospital for treatment and the alley was cordoned off by police while a forensic examination took place.
If you saw anything in the area at the time or have any other information that could help police, you can call 101 or the charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- Three cleared of Danny Gough axe murder
- VIDEO: Train struggles through the flood water which ruined commutes across south London this weekend
- Teenager found dead in Carshalton park
- Ambulance drivers to walk out this week over pay dispute
- UPDATE: Dead body found near The Grange in Wallington said to be man in his 40s