Hundreds of children took part in a Good Friday Easter egg hunt organised by Carshalton Beeches Rotary.
The event in Carshalton Park involved children roaming the park to hunt for token they were then able to exchange for chocolate eggs donated by Sainsbury's.
The inaugural event was the idea of Rotarian Alan Caddick.
Branch president Brian Hagley said: "We had to double the number of check-in desks to handle the queue and the Scouts who were helping us were on the constant go replenishing the tokens into the park.
Families hunt for eggs
"We also had to send out for extra eggs.
"It was such a delight to see so many youngsters running around and having such fun."
Money raised from the event will go to the Rotary club's supported charities.
- New electric black cabs to hit London's streets this year
- Sutton named London’s first Heritage Action Zone
- Transport for London takeover of South West Trains ruled out after franchise awarded to private firm and Hong Kong group
- Sutton nursing home put in special measures following ‘inadequate’ rating by adult social care watchdog
- New quid on the block: Round pounds on way out with new coin arriving tomorrow