Officers arrived at a man's house planning to arrest him on suspicion of fraud only to find a cannabis factory in his house.
Police arrived at the man's house in Staynton Road, Sutton, shortly after 7am today.
As they searched the property they found two tents containing 40 suspected cannabis plants and a quantity of suspected drugs.
A man has been arrested on suspicion of cannabis production and fraud a woman, who was also at the address, was arrested on suspicion of cannabis production.
- Dialysis manager 'Dodgy Hodgy' and fraudster friends sentenced for scamming hospital trust out of hundreds of thousands of pounds
- Southern launch appeal against High Court decision to refuse it preventing drivers' strikes
- Sadiq Khan accuses ministers of 'abandoning' Southern Rail passengers
- Jailed: Burglars who stole expensive cars and motorbikes across south London and Surrey
- New update means Uber can now track you until five minutes AFTER your ride is finished