Officers arrived at a man's house planning to arrest him on suspicion of fraud only to find a cannabis factory in his house.
Police arrived at the man's house in Staynton Road, Sutton, shortly after 7am today.
As they searched the property they found two tents containing 40 suspected cannabis plants and a quantity of suspected drugs.
A man has been arrested on suspicion of cannabis production and fraud a woman, who was also at the address, was arrested on suspicion of cannabis production.
- Artist traces journey made by Surrey couple in mid 1930s
- Machine gun smuggling woman: 'London gangsters threatened to kill my gran'
- Man arrested over burglaries where 'gentleman burglar kissed victims goodbye'
- Delayed Boris backs life-sciences hub in Sutton as travel hold up pushes case for trams
- Imported Romanian rescue dogs need new homes this Christmas