Officers arrived at a man's house planning to arrest him on suspicion of fraud only to find a cannabis factory in his house.
Police arrived at the man's house in Staynton Road, Sutton, shortly after 7am today.
As they searched the property they found two tents containing 40 suspected cannabis plants and a quantity of suspected drugs.
A man has been arrested on suspicion of cannabis production and fraud a woman, who was also at the address, was arrested on suspicion of cannabis production.
- Man rushed to hospital after motorbike and car collide in Worcester Park
- High Street pub to hold fundraiser for regular punter's sister suffering with Multiple Sclerosis
- South Londoners making most of new hopper bus fare - especially these two routes
- Former Sutton councillor charged with theft of thousands of pounds
- Police's Halloween and Bonfire Night crime crackdown begins with warning to yobs