Officers arrived at a man's house planning to arrest him on suspicion of fraud only to find a cannabis factory in his house.
Police arrived at the man's house in Staynton Road, Sutton, shortly after 7am today.
As they searched the property they found two tents containing 40 suspected cannabis plants and a quantity of suspected drugs.
A man has been arrested on suspicion of cannabis production and fraud a woman, who was also at the address, was arrested on suspicion of cannabis production.
- CCTV image released after £250 "taps fraud"
- Considerably richer than you: the south London and Surrey links of Britain's millionaires
- Gary Glitter 'protected by tobacco guards' inside High Down prison
- After depression awareness week, what are the top 10 signs you need to watch out for?
- The RNLI save lives on the Thames time and again. Now its your turn to help them