Officers arrived at a man's house planning to arrest him on suspicion of fraud only to find a cannabis factory in his house.
Police arrived at the man's house in Staynton Road, Sutton, shortly after 7am today.
As they searched the property they found two tents containing 40 suspected cannabis plants and a quantity of suspected drugs.
A man has been arrested on suspicion of cannabis production and fraud a woman, who was also at the address, was arrested on suspicion of cannabis production.
- 'World-class' London Cancer Hub moves a step closer as councillors approve provisional plans
- National Front campaigner from Sutton to contest seat of murdered Labour MP Jo Cox
- Sadiq Khan 'forced out Met commissioner in show of power,' claims London Assembly member in sensational attack on Mayor
- REVEALED: Where does your London borough rank on the happiness scale?
- Tube chat falls flat: Londoners unimpressed by badge campaign to get people talking to each other on public transport