Protesters gathered to call on the council to provide a link road and stop lorries rumbling past their homes.
The campaigners are calling on Sutton Council to resurrect long-abandoned plans to build a link road through the Kimpton Park industrial area that would divert HGVs away from Gander Green Lane, where neighbours have been complaining about the noise they cause.
The protesters, led by local Conservative council candidate Graham Jarvis, gathered outside Sutton and Cheam's Liberal Democrat MP Paul Burstow's office on Saturday to make their point known.
There were plans for Kimpton Park Way to link Oldfields Road to Stonecot Hill but these were shelved and Kimpton Park Way ends without linking the roads meaning traffic is often forced to use Gander Green Lane, which is residential and narrow in places.
- UPDATE: Lorry spillage causes TWO crashes on A23 Purley Way
- Motorcyclist suffers leg injuries in Sutton Common crash
- POLL: Ahead of Article 50 triggering Brexit, how would you vote if EU referendum was held NOW?
- NEW POUND COIN: Send your photos of 12-sided £1 and guess what 'secret' security feature is
- Prisoner rehabilitation charity wins social enterprise award