Protesters gathered to call on the council to provide a link road and stop lorries rumbling past their homes.
The campaigners are calling on Sutton Council to resurrect long-abandoned plans to build a link road through the Kimpton Park industrial area that would divert HGVs away from Gander Green Lane, where neighbours have been complaining about the noise they cause.
The protesters, led by local Conservative council candidate Graham Jarvis, gathered outside Sutton and Cheam's Liberal Democrat MP Paul Burstow's office on Saturday to make their point known.
There were plans for Kimpton Park Way to link Oldfields Road to Stonecot Hill but these were shelved and Kimpton Park Way ends without linking the roads meaning traffic is often forced to use Gander Green Lane, which is residential and narrow in places.
- Question the people aiming to become your MP at our Sutton Debates
- Vulnerable missing man found safe and well
- Strictly Come Dancing star Joanne Clifton loving life in Sutton
- Fuming council tenants endure 'seven months of hell' as 'cowboy' builders take them for a ride
- Elderly woman unharmed after getting trapped in bathroom