Jennie Gray, the mum of dead Sutton schoolgirl Ellie Butler, has been charged with intent to pervert the course of justice.
Ms Gray, 34, has been bailed and will appear in front of Croydon magistrates on May 6.
Six-year-old Ellie was found with serious head injuries at the home Ms Gray shared with her partner Ben Butler in Westover Close on Sutton's Shanklin estate in October last year.
Mr Butler was charged with murder in March and is due to enter a plea at the Old Bailey on May 29.
- WATCH: Driver caught on camera repeatedly ramming into car in Wallington
- Neighbours pay tribute to south London pensioner who was fifth person to die after Westminster terror attack
- Weekend weather: Sunny skies ahead for the capital
- Should the ban on grammar schools be lifted?
- 'It's important to stand together': Ahmadiyya Muslims show support for victims of Westminster terror attack