Jennie Gray, the mum of dead Sutton schoolgirl Ellie Butler, has been charged with intent to pervert the course of justice.
Ms Gray, 34, has been bailed and will appear in front of Croydon magistrates on May 6.
Six-year-old Ellie was found with serious head injuries at the home Ms Gray shared with her partner Ben Butler in Westover Close on Sutton's Shanklin estate in October last year.
Mr Butler was charged with murder in March and is due to enter a plea at the Old Bailey on May 29.
- 'Catastrophic': Reaction as Heathrow Airport expansion gets go-ahead with government choosing third runway
- Dad who barricaded himself in Carshalton home with gas canisters 'wasn't going to blow house up'
- Man rushed to hospital after motorbike and car collide in Worcester Park
- High Street pub to hold fundraiser for regular punter's sister suffering with Multiple Sclerosis
- South Londoners making most of new hopper bus fare - especially these two routes