Jennie Gray, the mum of dead Sutton schoolgirl Ellie Butler, has been charged with intent to pervert the course of justice.
Ms Gray, 34, has been bailed and will appear in front of Croydon magistrates on May 6.
Six-year-old Ellie was found with serious head injuries at the home Ms Gray shared with her partner Ben Butler in Westover Close on Sutton's Shanklin estate in October last year.
Mr Butler was charged with murder in March and is due to enter a plea at the Old Bailey on May 29.
- Clapham Junction station evacuated after Vauxhall fire causes travel chaos
- Weather: Dry, warm and sunny spring day with maximum temperatures of 20 degrees celsius
- London Elects 2016: Everything you need to know as London gets a new Mayor and London Assembly
- 'Operation Juddering Climax': Boris promises Sutton tram extension in colourful sign-off message
- Filthy North Cheam food store fined £38,000 for hygiene breaches