A motorist who allegedly drove along a pavement for 200m before smashing into the back of a parked car has been arrested.
Emergency services were called to Manor Road in Wallington after the crash at 9pm last night.
It is understood the man drove up the pavement for up to 200m before colliding with a parked Range Rover.
The motorist, who was driving a Vauxhall Vectra, was arrested on suspicion of driving while intoxicated.
The driver suffered neck injuries in the collision but they are not believe to be life-threatening or life-changing.
- Dad on a mission to raise funds for St Helier Hospital as thanks for saving his new born son's life
- Sutton police release images of three teenagers after hooded arsonists are captured on CCTV
- Council job ad describes theatres as being 'at the heart of the community'- just weeks after proposing to shut them all down
- Blind charity worker condemns Hackbridge crossing and says he is 'too scared' to go there
- Hackbridge safety report recommends 'minor' adjustments