A motorist who allegedly drove along a pavement for 200m before smashing into the back of a parked car has been arrested.
Emergency services were called to Manor Road in Wallington after the crash at 9pm last night.
It is understood the man drove up the pavement for up to 200m before colliding with a parked Range Rover.
The motorist, who was driving a Vauxhall Vectra, was arrested on suspicion of driving while intoxicated.
The driver suffered neck injuries in the collision but they are not believe to be life-threatening or life-changing.
- Severe weather warning issued for London
- Scheme to tackle toxic air pollution to be rolled out in Sutton and Croydon
- Sutton pupils run one mile a day to improve concentration
- 'It's just your worst nightmare': Daughter of Morden couple killed in Tunisia terror attack pays tribute to parents
- Speeding laws are changing - and the punishments are about to get tougher