A knife-wielding man sexually assaulted a girl in Overton Park on Wednesday.
The young man approached a pair of girls and inappropriately touched one of them at about 4pm.
He then approached a group of older boys before leaving the scene.
A passerby spotted the man with the knife and called police but he left the scene before officers arrived.
Anyone who uses the park has been advised to walk in groups.
A 14-year-old boy has been arrested on suspicion of assault in connection with the incident.
If you have information about the incident, you can call police on 101 or the charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- Dad who barricaded himself in Carshalton home with gas canisters 'wasn't going to blow house up'
- Man rushed to hospital after motorbike and car collide in Worcester Park
- High Street pub to hold fundraiser for regular punter's sister suffering with Multiple Sclerosis
- South Londoners making most of new hopper bus fare - especially these two routes
- Former Sutton councillor charged with theft of thousands of pounds