A knife-wielding man sexually assaulted a girl in Overton Park on Wednesday.
The young man approached a pair of girls and inappropriately touched one of them at about 4pm.
He then approached a group of older boys before leaving the scene.
A passerby spotted the man with the knife and called police but he left the scene before officers arrived.
Anyone who uses the park has been advised to walk in groups.
A 14-year-old boy has been arrested on suspicion of assault in connection with the incident.
If you have information about the incident, you can call police on 101 or the charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- Three cleared of Danny Gough axe murder
- VIDEO: Train struggles through the flood water which ruined commutes across south London this weekend
- Teenager found dead in Carshalton park
- Ambulance drivers to walk out this week over pay dispute
- UPDATE: Dead body found near The Grange in Wallington said to be man in his 40s