A knife-wielding man sexually assaulted a girl in Overton Park on Wednesday.
The young man approached a pair of girls and inappropriately touched one of them at about 4pm.
He then approached a group of older boys before leaving the scene.
A passerby spotted the man with the knife and called police but he left the scene before officers arrived.
Anyone who uses the park has been advised to walk in groups.
A 14-year-old boy has been arrested on suspicion of assault in connection with the incident.
If you have information about the incident, you can call police on 101 or the charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- Man locked up for 'cowardly' knife attack pleads with judge not to jail him over fears of being radicalised behind bars
- Users of 'wonderful' disability charity devastated by closure
- Hundreds protest 'government inaction' over 'shambolic' Southern Rail service
- Recycle, reuse and repair: free autumn events aimed at reducing landfill waste coming to a town centre near you
- Rating system for lorries to protect cyclists could lead to thousands of HGVs banned from London