A knife-wielding man sexually assaulted a girl in Overton Park on Wednesday.
The young man approached a pair of girls and inappropriately touched one of them at about 4pm.
He then approached a group of older boys before leaving the scene.
A passerby spotted the man with the knife and called police but he left the scene before officers arrived.
Anyone who uses the park has been advised to walk in groups.
A 14-year-old boy has been arrested on suspicion of assault in connection with the incident.
If you have information about the incident, you can call police on 101 or the charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- Pregnant woman injured in Worcester Park crash
- Hundreds of passengers donate to fund for judicial review of Government's handling of Southern rail franchise
- You can work in London and save £450,000 buying a home - but there's a catch
- 10 tips to protect your home as Met Police launches crackdown on burglars ahead of winter months
- Is south London's nightlife 'under attack'? Fabric closure sparks debate into the future of capital's clubs and bars