A power cut plunged part of Sutton town centre into darkness with more than 500 shops and homes affected.
Shops in the High Street including Greggs, Wilkinson’s and Specsavers were affected by the blackout.
Game and Wilkinson’s were forced to shut completely while Greggs was forced to throw out food after 20 minutes.
The power cut affected 549 and lasted from 1.25pm until 2.21pm.
A spokesman for UK Power Networks said: “We fully understand how frustrating it can be to be without power and apologise for the inconvenience this caused.”
- Plans for GP super hub to serve 55,000 patients revealed
- Single machine blamed for 96% of gambling addicts' major losses
- Belmont secondary school decision postponed as councillors butt heads
- Tube workers vote on strike action in dispute over sacked colleague
- WEATHER: Temperatures set to soar as March checks out