A power cut plunged part of Sutton town centre into darkness with more than 500 shops and homes affected.
Shops in the High Street including Greggs, Wilkinson’s and Specsavers were affected by the blackout.
Game and Wilkinson’s were forced to shut completely while Greggs was forced to throw out food after 20 minutes.
The power cut affected 549 and lasted from 1.25pm until 2.21pm.
A spokesman for UK Power Networks said: “We fully understand how frustrating it can be to be without power and apologise for the inconvenience this caused.”
- Mayor of pop: Kingston Council challenges neighbouring boroughs to dance-off
- Check out these 4 ingenious ways to ‘hide’ your TV
- 1 in 5 adult Londoners keep cash in a piggy bank - do you?
- Travel: Signalling problems lead to delays on London-bound trains
- Weather: Cloudy with sun breaking through across south west London and north Surrey