A power cut plunged part of Sutton town centre into darkness with more than 500 shops and homes affected.
Shops in the High Street including Greggs, Wilkinson’s and Specsavers were affected by the blackout.
Game and Wilkinson’s were forced to shut completely while Greggs was forced to throw out food after 20 minutes.
The power cut affected 549 and lasted from 1.25pm until 2.21pm.
A spokesman for UK Power Networks said: “We fully understand how frustrating it can be to be without power and apologise for the inconvenience this caused.”
- Family's home floods three times in just four days following thunderstorms
- WEATHER: While you shake your fist at the rain, just remember it was 30 degrees this time last year...
- 'Don't worry, we've got this': Environment Agency promises to work with council to prevent future flooding
- What to do if you've got an Ikea chest of drawers that isn't fixed to the wall
- Extra-large coffin of helicopter crash victim inspires sister to shed eight stone