A power cut plunged part of Sutton town centre into darkness with more than 500 shops and homes affected.
Shops in the High Street including Greggs, Wilkinson’s and Specsavers were affected by the blackout.
Game and Wilkinson’s were forced to shut completely while Greggs was forced to throw out food after 20 minutes.
The power cut affected 549 and lasted from 1.25pm until 2.21pm.
A spokesman for UK Power Networks said: “We fully understand how frustrating it can be to be without power and apologise for the inconvenience this caused.”
- Fate of Sutton theatres set to become clear as administrators set deadline for buyers
- GCSE results day in Croydon and Sutton
- Missing teenager found safe and well - after just 19 minutes
- Police appeal to help find missing Croydon teenager with links to Sutton
- RESULTS DAY: Don't want to do A-levels? There are plenty of other options for life after GCSEs