A power cut plunged part of Sutton town centre into darkness with more than 500 shops and homes affected.
Shops in the High Street including Greggs, Wilkinson’s and Specsavers were affected by the blackout.
Game and Wilkinson’s were forced to shut completely while Greggs was forced to throw out food after 20 minutes.
The power cut affected 549 and lasted from 1.25pm until 2.21pm.
A spokesman for UK Power Networks said: “We fully understand how frustrating it can be to be without power and apologise for the inconvenience this caused.”
- Car tax is changing in April: Here's what you need to know
- Gannett Foundation awards more than £16,000 to south London charities
- 10 people trapped in Sutton nail salon
- Londoners can now hire naked women to clean their homes
- Sutton GP disputes CQC findings after it was ordered to improve