A power cut plunged part of Sutton town centre into darkness with more than 500 shops and homes affected.
Shops in the High Street including Greggs, Wilkinson’s and Specsavers were affected by the blackout.
Game and Wilkinson’s were forced to shut completely while Greggs was forced to throw out food after 20 minutes.
The power cut affected 549 and lasted from 1.25pm until 2.21pm.
A spokesman for UK Power Networks said: “We fully understand how frustrating it can be to be without power and apologise for the inconvenience this caused.”
- Have your say on Scotland: Should they stay or go?
- Witness appeal launched in three Sutton manhunts
- Sutton Black History Group holds its Making Freedom exhibition
- Prisoners' education charity urges votes for £3,000 bank grant
- Mayor Boris Johnson to make decision on Sutton Tramlink 'by the end of the year'