Power cut hits Sutton town centre - Greggs forced to throw out food
A power cut plunged part of Sutton town centre into darkness with more than 500 shops and homes affected.
Shops in the High Street including Greggs, Wilkinson’s and Specsavers were affected by the blackout.
Game and Wilkinson’s were forced to shut completely while Greggs was forced to throw out food after 20 minutes.
The power cut affected 549 and lasted from 1.25pm until 2.21pm.
A spokesman for UK Power Networks said: “We fully understand how frustrating it can be to be without power and apologise for the inconvenience this caused.”
- Hackbridge neighbours in shock after blaze devastates Bedzed flat
- Fire breaks out in Bedzed flats in Hackbridge
- Officers take to the pitch for Cheam football scheme
- Police appeal for musician who left their flute outside a Sutton pub to come forward
- Have you seen this man?: Worcester Park robber on the run after escaping from police during hospital visit
Comments are closed on this article.