A power cut plunged part of Sutton town centre into darkness with more than 500 shops and homes affected.
Shops in the High Street including Greggs, Wilkinson’s and Specsavers were affected by the blackout.
Game and Wilkinson’s were forced to shut completely while Greggs was forced to throw out food after 20 minutes.
The power cut affected 549 and lasted from 1.25pm until 2.21pm.
A spokesman for UK Power Networks said: “We fully understand how frustrating it can be to be without power and apologise for the inconvenience this caused.”
- Second man arrested over rape of schoolgirl in Carshalton playground
- Former prisons minister issues warning after 11 prisoners cleared of mutiny
- Styles police snare One Direction con-artists
- Top athletes Clieo Stephenson and David Lima attend Manor Park Primary School in Sutton
- Keep our children safe: Sutton Street Pastors pledge to increase patrols following spate of attacks on youngsters