A power cut plunged part of Sutton town centre into darkness with more than 500 shops and homes affected.
Shops in the High Street including Greggs, Wilkinson’s and Specsavers were affected by the blackout.
Game and Wilkinson’s were forced to shut completely while Greggs was forced to throw out food after 20 minutes.
The power cut affected 549 and lasted from 1.25pm until 2.21pm.
A spokesman for UK Power Networks said: “We fully understand how frustrating it can be to be without power and apologise for the inconvenience this caused.”
- General Election campaigning suspended after deadly terror attack in Manchester
- Children among dead as death toll rises after Manchester bombing
- Prime Minister praises Manchester's spirit as she condemns 'callous terrorist attack' at Ariana Grande concert
- This is how to mark yourself safe following the terror attack at Manchester arena
- Met chief condemns 'appalling' terrorist attack in Manchester