A power cut plunged part of Sutton town centre into darkness with more than 500 shops and homes affected.
Shops in the High Street including Greggs, Wilkinson’s and Specsavers were affected by the blackout.
Game and Wilkinson’s were forced to shut completely while Greggs was forced to throw out food after 20 minutes.
The power cut affected 549 and lasted from 1.25pm until 2.21pm.
A spokesman for UK Power Networks said: “We fully understand how frustrating it can be to be without power and apologise for the inconvenience this caused.”
- Inquest of pensioner Gloria Foster left to die by council due to begin
- Council tax con-artists target people in Sutton
- Sutton Community Farm receives £10,000 funding
- Special needs students waited a week for GCSE results after school put wrong stamps on envelopes
- Dog bites land five people a week in Epsom and St Helier A&Es