Eastenders hard man Ross Kemp has given his backing to the campaign to Save St Helier.
He met Sutton Labour Councillor John Keys and expressed his support for the campaign to protect the Carshalton-based hospital from cuts.
The actor-turned-presenter who played Grant Mitchell in Eastenders also discussed the growth in use of foodbanks during the meeting.
- Police equipped with guns and shields descend on Wallington
- Leading GP declines to support Epsom and St Helier A&E and maternity hopes as fears of post-election cuts resurface
- Arsonists torch Sutton Hospital
- Motorist who chased and rammed council CCTV 'spy car' given suspended prison sentence
- Police want to talk to this woman about argument about dog which led to bus assault