Sutton Trading Standards is urging people to ‘fight back against the fraudsters.’
The call comes as part of Scams Awareness Month, which is taking place up and down the UK throughout May.
Research by the charity Citizens Advice predicts there are 4m victims of fraud every year.
Victims of scams should report the instance to Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040.
- VIDEO: 'Nob the Builder' caught pleasuring himself in couple's living room on CCTV
- Train catches fire at Epsom
- 20-year-old woman fights off attacker
- VIDEO: Peeping Tom doctor - believed to be London's worst ever - jailed after filming himself by mistake
- Rail Minister visits Sutton in support of Crossrail 2 passing through Worcester Park