Sutton Trading Standards is urging people to ‘fight back against the fraudsters.’
The call comes as part of Scams Awareness Month, which is taking place up and down the UK throughout May.
Research by the charity Citizens Advice predicts there are 4m victims of fraud every year.
Victims of scams should report the instance to Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040.
- Creepy and Kooky: The Addams Family at the Secombe Thearte
- South London incinerator protest targets estate agent
- Two car crash causes traffic tailbacks
- NHS agrees mental health ward closures and £160m investment from land sales
- Brazen scarred attacker went to the pub after attempting to rob a mother out with her daughter