Sutton Trading Standards is urging people to ‘fight back against the fraudsters.’
The call comes as part of Scams Awareness Month, which is taking place up and down the UK throughout May.
Research by the charity Citizens Advice predicts there are 4m victims of fraud every year.
Victims of scams should report the instance to Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040.
- High winds topple tree closing "rat run" road during rush hour
- Former independent school teacher admits having indecent images of children
- Razor-sharp barber crowned champion of the south east
- Father to go on trial for murder of six-year-old daughter
- Sutton Theatres: Stages still set