Sutton Trading Standards is urging people to ‘fight back against the fraudsters.’
The call comes as part of Scams Awareness Month, which is taking place up and down the UK throughout May.
Research by the charity Citizens Advice predicts there are 4m victims of fraud every year.
Victims of scams should report the instance to Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040.
- Plans for GP super hub to serve 55,000 patients revealed
- Single machine blamed for 96% of gambling addicts' major losses
- Belmont secondary school decision postponed as councillors butt heads
- Tube workers vote on strike action in dispute over sacked colleague
- WEATHER: Temperatures set to soar as March checks out