Sutton Trading Standards is urging people to ‘fight back against the fraudsters.’
The call comes as part of Scams Awareness Month, which is taking place up and down the UK throughout May.
Research by the charity Citizens Advice predicts there are 4m victims of fraud every year.
Victims of scams should report the instance to Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040.
- Council job ad describes theatres as being 'at the heart of the community'- just weeks after proposing to shut them all down
- Blind charity worker condemns Hackbridge crossing and says he is 'too scared' to go there
- Hackbridge safety report recommends 'minor' adjustments
- Firework hurled from van explodes in the middle of the road
- Diamond anniversary brings family together