A speed camera in Carshalton was torched by vandals earlier this week.
The camera in Green Wrythe Lane was set alight shortly after midnight on Monday, May 5.
The arsonist set fire to a car tyre hung over the camera.
Eyewitness Tay Hassan said: "It was lucky the fire was put out quickly as it was spitting burning rubber everywhere."
Did you see anything? Contact Mike Murphy-Pyle on 020 8722 6359 or email pictures to email@example.com.
Firefighters deal with the blaze (picture: Tay Hassan)
Anyone with information can call police on 101 or the charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- Lace makers weave their magic
- Hundreds to gather for Living Wandle film premiere
- London Victoria services delayed due to earlier broken down train
- Borrow, fix and mend during Waste Less Live More Week
- Disappearance of "very intelligent" Ewell family man completely out of character, says friend