A speed camera in Carshalton was torched by vandals earlier this week.
The camera in Green Wrythe Lane was set alight shortly after midnight on Monday, May 5.
The arsonist set fire to a car tyre hung over the camera.
Eyewitness Tay Hassan said: "It was lucky the fire was put out quickly as it was spitting burning rubber everywhere."
Did you see anything? Contact Mike Murphy-Pyle on 020 8722 6359 or email pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Firefighters deal with the blaze (picture: Tay Hassan)
Anyone with information can call police on 101 or the charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- Family's home floods three times in just four days following thunderstorms
- WEATHER: While you shake your fist at the rain, just remember it was 30 degrees this time last year...
- 'Don't worry, we've got this': Environment Agency promises to work with council to prevent future flooding
- What to do if you've got an Ikea chest of drawers that isn't fixed to the wall
- Extra-large coffin of helicopter crash victim inspires sister to shed eight stone