A speed camera in Carshalton was torched by vandals earlier this week.
The camera in Green Wrythe Lane was set alight shortly after midnight on Monday, May 5.
The arsonist set fire to a car tyre hung over the camera.
Eyewitness Tay Hassan said: "It was lucky the fire was put out quickly as it was spitting burning rubber everywhere."
Did you see anything? Contact Mike Murphy-Pyle on 020 8722 6359 or email pictures to email@example.com.
Firefighters deal with the blaze (picture: Tay Hassan)
Anyone with information can call police on 101 or the charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- UPDATE: Teenager fighting for his life after being 'stabbed by group of males' at Rose Hill roundabout in 'serious but stable condition'
- Car flips on roof after bouncing off two parked cars
- UPDATE: Mother and baby in pram hit by skidding motorcycle as they crossed the road
- Charity's research on prison officer cuts slammed as "deliberately misleading"
- Firefighters come out in force for training exercise at Sutton Hospital