A speed camera in Carshalton was torched by vandals earlier this week.
The camera in Green Wrythe Lane was set alight shortly after midnight on Monday, May 5.
The arsonist set fire to a car tyre hung over the camera.
Eyewitness Tay Hassan said: "It was lucky the fire was put out quickly as it was spitting burning rubber everywhere."
Did you see anything? Contact Mike Murphy-Pyle on 020 8722 6359 or email pictures to email@example.com.
Firefighters deal with the blaze (picture: Tay Hassan)
Anyone with information can call police on 101 or the charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- More affordable housing for London as Sadiq Khan prepares to introduce 'non-negotiable' 35 per cent rate on private developments
- Liberal Democrats hold Carshalton Central in Sutton Council by-election
- Rail companies to 'cut fares' after investigation reveals cheap tickets were hidden forcing customers to pay more
- Govia Thameslink calls for talks to stop Southern conductor strike set for August
- TRAVEL: Staff shortages lead to reduced Thameslink service on Friday morning