A speed camera in Carshalton was torched by vandals earlier this week.
The camera in Green Wrythe Lane was set alight shortly after midnight on Monday, May 5.
The arsonist set fire to a car tyre hung over the camera.
Eyewitness Tay Hassan said: "It was lucky the fire was put out quickly as it was spitting burning rubber everywhere."
Did you see anything? Contact Mike Murphy-Pyle on 020 8722 6359 or email pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Firefighters deal with the blaze (picture: Tay Hassan)
Anyone with information can call police on 101 or the charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- REVEALED: The 10 emojis most used by people in the capital
- WEATHER: Spring is in the air as temperatures rival Mediterranean
- Traffic: Ten-month-old baby unhurt' in car and lorry crash
- Parents petitioning for clarity on starting education at compulsory school age
- Man found not guilty of raping a woman in a park