A speed camera in Carshalton was torched by vandals earlier this week.
The camera in Green Wrythe Lane was set alight shortly after midnight on Monday, May 5.
The arsonist set fire to a car tyre hung over the camera.
Eyewitness Tay Hassan said: "It was lucky the fire was put out quickly as it was spitting burning rubber everywhere."
Did you see anything? Contact Mike Murphy-Pyle on 020 8722 6359 or email pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Firefighters deal with the blaze (picture: Tay Hassan)
Anyone with information can call police on 101 or the charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- Driver cautioned after Rosehill crash puts two pregnant women in hospital
- PICTURES Terror alert - Fright Night at Thorpe Park for Halloween
- EXPLAINED: The new 105 phone number and what else you should do in a power cut
- Police searching for missing woman in Michael Jackson t-shirt
- 'Long term future' of nurseries could be at risk from proposed flat-rate funding, London Councils warns