An MP shot some hoops as he tried his hand at basketball and found out about the value the sport can add to communities.
The encounter happened as part of a cross-party event to celebrate recent successes of the national teams.
Mr Brake said: "From what I heard today it’s clear that there’s a huge amount of untapped potential in the UK and I know that in Sutton there is a growing appetite for basketball.
"Sport is a great way to reach out to and boost the aspirations of young people from all kinds of backgrounds."
Sutton is home to two basketball teams - the Carshalton Comets and Sutton Storm and Rockets Basketball Club. Both clubs are open to players of all abilities.
Luke Bowler of Carshalton Comets added: "We have witnessed children labelled as problem kids excel in their studies, gain a passion for life and live a generally more harmonious life."
- Work begins on shopping centre renovation
- Warning of snow and ice across Greater London and Surrey
- Suspected cannabis factory smashed in early morning raids
- Caretaker to hang up his broom after 44 years serving Chaucer House in Sutton
- 'Massive bill' for Thames Water and another nightmare for south London commuters as leaks continue to pour into rail tunnel