An MP shot some hoops as he tried his hand at basketball and found out about the value the sport can add to communities.
The encounter happened as part of a cross-party event to celebrate recent successes of the national teams.
Mr Brake said: "From what I heard today it’s clear that there’s a huge amount of untapped potential in the UK and I know that in Sutton there is a growing appetite for basketball.
"Sport is a great way to reach out to and boost the aspirations of young people from all kinds of backgrounds."
Sutton is home to two basketball teams - the Carshalton Comets and Sutton Storm and Rockets Basketball Club. Both clubs are open to players of all abilities.
Luke Bowler of Carshalton Comets added: "We have witnessed children labelled as problem kids excel in their studies, gain a passion for life and live a generally more harmonious life."
- Interview: Ridley Scott’s son Luke prepares to hit the big time with directorial debut Morgan
- Police appeal to find missing woman from Wallington
- New scheme to give London prisoners free books inspired by borrowed copy of Catcher in the Rye
- London will be hotter than Barcelona today as heatwave reaches its peak
- Epsom and St Helier hospital workers conquer UK's three highest peaks in bid to fund new critical-care equipment