An MP shot some hoops as he tried his hand at basketball and found out about the value the sport can add to communities.
The encounter happened as part of a cross-party event to celebrate recent successes of the national teams.
Mr Brake said: "From what I heard today it’s clear that there’s a huge amount of untapped potential in the UK and I know that in Sutton there is a growing appetite for basketball.
"Sport is a great way to reach out to and boost the aspirations of young people from all kinds of backgrounds."
Sutton is home to two basketball teams - the Carshalton Comets and Sutton Storm and Rockets Basketball Club. Both clubs are open to players of all abilities.
Luke Bowler of Carshalton Comets added: "We have witnessed children labelled as problem kids excel in their studies, gain a passion for life and live a generally more harmonious life."
- Trial of alleged Carshalton sexual predator adjourned
- BIGGER THAN BREXIT: 11 other huge calls to reconsider if there's an EU referendum do-over
- Southern ranked worst rail company for passenger satisfaction
- Workers given written warnings for arriving late after using Southern trains, MPs claim
- Hopefuls for Carshalton Central by-election outline cases before polls