An MP shot some hoops as he tried his hand at basketball and found out about the value the sport can add to communities.
The encounter happened as part of a cross-party event to celebrate recent successes of the national teams.
Mr Brake said: "From what I heard today it’s clear that there’s a huge amount of untapped potential in the UK and I know that in Sutton there is a growing appetite for basketball.
"Sport is a great way to reach out to and boost the aspirations of young people from all kinds of backgrounds."
Sutton is home to two basketball teams - the Carshalton Comets and Sutton Storm and Rockets Basketball Club. Both clubs are open to players of all abilities.
Luke Bowler of Carshalton Comets added: "We have witnessed children labelled as problem kids excel in their studies, gain a passion for life and live a generally more harmonious life."
- Comic legend Tim Vine takes to Twitter to call on Sutton Council to halt theatre closure plans
- MP calls on Sutton to show Scotland the love
- After turmoil, hospitals report improved care and plan to balance books at AGM
- Man asks women for public sex after 'having a bad day'
- Boyfriend admits driving into and killing pregnant girlfriend after baby shower