Pedestrians were shocked to see the macabre sight of two dead foxes laid out among flowers on a North Cheam pavement.
Teenager Helen Stephens, who is taking part in the Sutton Guardian's Young Reporter scheme, spotted the grisly scene opposite St Anthony's hospital in London Road.
She said there was no indication of how the animals came to be there.
Helen, 14, said: "I was really shocked when I saw it.
"My immediate reaction was to wonder why someone would do something like that.
"I wondered if someone had done it out of respect or as a message to tell people to be more careful.
"It looks like the flowers had been left there purposefully, it can't just have been by chance."
- This North Cheam eyesore is going nowhere after plans for 88 flats were knocked back
- Anyone hoping for snow this week or a dry bank holiday is going to be disappointed
- Robbers steal cash from armoured van in Carshalton
- This Wallington hero was awarded the Victoria Cross for wartime bravery and now this is being done to remember him
- UPDATE: Man dies after being hit by train at Queenstown Road station