Pedestrians were shocked to see the macabre sight of two dead foxes laid out among flowers on a North Cheam pavement.
Teenager Helen Stephens, who is taking part in the Sutton Guardian's Young Reporter scheme, spotted the grisly scene opposite St Anthony's hospital in London Road.
She said there was no indication of how the animals came to be there.
Helen, 14, said: "I was really shocked when I saw it.
"My immediate reaction was to wonder why someone would do something like that.
"I wondered if someone had done it out of respect or as a message to tell people to be more careful.
"It looks like the flowers had been left there purposefully, it can't just have been by chance."
- New quid on the block: Round pounds on way out with new coin arriving tomorrow
- GRAPHIC CONTENT: 'Emaciated' dog dumped on streets of Sutton
- Car tax rules are changing this week and you could be paying more: Here's what you need to know
- South West Trains to be part-run by Chinese firm in shock Government announcement
- Terror fears cause drop in London tourist numbers, expert claims