A historic landmark has been covered in graffiti.
Happily, the graffiti covering Whitehall in Cheam is not vandalism - it is 'yarnbombing'.
Whitehall has been covered in knitted flowers
Knitters spent hours and hours to produce hundreds of woollen flowers that have been draped all over the historic building in a community art project spearheaded by the Friends of Whitehall and Sutton Council as part of the Cheam Charter Fair celebrations.
The flowers cascade from windows, hand from walls and have even been tied to trees in the grounds.
The decorations have been prepared by knitters aged between eight and 90 and have come from as far afield as Florida.
The flowers will be on display during opening hours until May 18.
- Plan your tactics: Firms and staff urged to be flexible during Euro 2016
- Sutton judo teacher and former Olympian determined to return to work after losing leg in horror bus crash
- Man due in court after supermarket robbery
- Sutton Council appoints news mayor
- Stop cold calls with a text OR use our 11 funny ways to deal with them instead