A historic landmark has been covered in graffiti.
Happily, the graffiti covering Whitehall in Cheam is not vandalism - it is 'yarnbombing'.
Whitehall has been covered in knitted flowers
Knitters spent hours and hours to produce hundreds of woollen flowers that have been draped all over the historic building in a community art project spearheaded by the Friends of Whitehall and Sutton Council as part of the Cheam Charter Fair celebrations.
The flowers cascade from windows, hand from walls and have even been tied to trees in the grounds.
The decorations have been prepared by knitters aged between eight and 90 and have come from as far afield as Florida.
The flowers will be on display during opening hours until May 18.
- Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with two burglaries
- Former teacher to stand trial on charges of making paedophilic photographs
- Householders force burglars armed with silver handguns out of their home
- Man killed by train near Carshalton Railway Station
- New windows and doors approved for 22 Sutton Housing Partnership homes