Bin lorry stuck in Sutton town centre sink hole
A bin lorry has been stranded after getting stuck in a sink hole.
The dust cart got caught in a pot hole in Camden Road near Sutton town centre at about 10am.
It is understood the road underneath it gave way as the lorry passed over.
Driver Trevor Thorn said: "The road just went underneath us - it's hard to describe.
"I just heard this crack, looked around and saw this big hole."
The road has been partially closed while the lorry is being recovered.
- TIMELAPSE VIDEO: New Hackbridge junction brings sense of community and safety, planners say
- Have your say on Wimbledon to Sutton Tramlink extension as four possible routes are revealed
- Daniel Dutfield appears in court after death of pregnant 22-year-old girlfriend Jessica Fenner at baby shower
- Missing girl returns home after Sutton Guardian appeal
- Sutton schools lead the way in green credentials
Comments are closed on this article.