A bin lorry has been stranded after getting stuck in a sink hole.
The dust cart got caught in a pot hole in Camden Road near Sutton town centre at about 10am.
It is understood the road underneath it gave way as the lorry passed over.
Driver Trevor Thorn said: "The road just went underneath us - it's hard to describe.
"I just heard this crack, looked around and saw this big hole."
The road has been partially closed while the lorry is being recovered.
- Artist traces journey made by Surrey couple in mid 1930s
- Machine gun smuggling woman: 'London gangsters threatened to kill my gran'
- Man arrested over burglaries where 'gentleman burglar kissed victims goodbye'
- Delayed Boris backs life-sciences hub in Sutton as travel hold up pushes case for trams
- Imported Romanian rescue dogs need new homes this Christmas