A bin lorry has been stranded after getting stuck in a sink hole.
The dust cart got caught in a pot hole in Camden Road near Sutton town centre at about 10am.
It is understood the road underneath it gave way as the lorry passed over.
Driver Trevor Thorn said: "The road just went underneath us - it's hard to describe.
"I just heard this crack, looked around and saw this big hole."
The road has been partially closed while the lorry is being recovered.
- Baby left in back of car as childminder goes shopping in Tesco
- Meet the Wallington postie named after a Rabid sea snail
- 'Caring and friendly' Croydon teenager dies hours after supporting friend over father's death
- Mental health services at risk of closure under plans
- Michelin-starred chef to train prisoners at High down's restaurant behind bars