Bin lorry stuck in Sutton town centre sink hole
A bin lorry has been stranded after getting stuck in a sink hole.
The dust cart got caught in a pot hole in Camden Road near Sutton town centre at about 10am.
It is understood the road underneath it gave way as the lorry passed over.
Driver Trevor Thorn said: "The road just went underneath us - it's hard to describe.
"I just heard this crack, looked around and saw this big hole."
The road has been partially closed while the lorry is being recovered.
- Worcester Park railway bridge looking miles better after a lick of paint
- Hackbridge lollipop lady allowed to stick around
- Missing 60-year-old Dr returns home safe and well
- 'Epsom should merge with a London borough like Sutton', says councillor
- North Cheam and Worcester Park benefit from £2.4m facelift
Comments are closed on this article.