A bin lorry has been stranded after getting stuck in a sink hole.
The dust cart got caught in a pot hole in Camden Road near Sutton town centre at about 10am.
It is understood the road underneath it gave way as the lorry passed over.
Driver Trevor Thorn said: "The road just went underneath us - it's hard to describe.
"I just heard this crack, looked around and saw this big hole."
The road has been partially closed while the lorry is being recovered.
- Pensioner died after St Helier Hospital staff inserted feeding tube into lung in 'gross failure'
- 'Inexcusable, reprehensible and shameful': Sutton Council condemns Lib Dem who defrauded charity with forged cheques
- Children 'too afraid to go outside' after 4x4 ploughs through fence and lands inches away from house
- Stations to shut this bank holiday weekend for major engineering works
- Concern for missing Carshalton man