A stained glass window shattered in WW2 has been restored to its former glory.
It was blown out in 1944 along with all the other windows on the south and east side of St Mary’s Church, Beddington.
The 3m high, 1.5m wide pane was a key feature of the building, looking over the chancel surrounding the altar.
It is unclear where the smashed pieces were kept directly after the war.
But the church warden believes they have sat on top of a cupboard in the clergy’s vectory since the 50’s or 60’s.
The window features a striking image of Jesus as the good shepherd, as well as a tribute to Rector Hamilton who served at the church between 1849 and 1860.
Another section of the window is dedicated to Rector Hamilton’s son who died in 1861.
It is named the Hamilton window in memory of the two men.
Tribute: A section of the window commemorates a former rector at the church
The restoration work cost £14,000, and has taken place gradually over the past 8 years.
The churchwarden Christine Morgan, said: "We are absolutely thrilled it’s finally been put back in.
"Although the window has only been here a short period of time, it has fit right in and it looks as if it has always been there."
The work was part-funded by the Friends of St Mary’s Church, whose donations support the upkeep of the building.
A significant amount of money was given by members of the Whitehouse family, whose parents were part of the church's congregation.
It was refitted on April 29.