A heroic PCSO potentially saved the life of a choking teenager after seeing him on the verge of passing out.
PCSO Vanessa Lewis was on patrol in Wrythe Lane, Carshalton, when she spotted 17-year-old Paul White coughing uncontrollably.
Realising he had something jammed in his throat, PCSO Lewis carried out a series of abdominal thrusts to stop him suffocating.
She then gave him a few whacks on the back, before grabbing him by the waist, and applying some up and down movements to dislodge the obstruction.
When his airwaves were finally cleared, Mr White cried out: "It’s gone, it’s gone."
It remains unclear what the object actually was, but Mr White had finished a soft drink shortly before choking, and believes it must have been something from inside the can.
He said: "I lost my breath for around two and a half minutes and was turning blue.
"I was getting light-headed and didn't feel at all right. My girlfriend was screaming realising that something was seriously wrong.
"I could have passed out and died if I hadn't received immediate help."
An ambulance was called as a precaution, and medics arrived to make sure Paul was OK.
PCSO Lewis said: "I sat him down whilst waiting for the ambulance and he seemed quite happy.
"I was just doing my job."
Mr White, who works as a gardener, will begin a two-year gas and heating course at Carshalton College in September.
The incident took place on Monday, August 4, at 6.15pm.
Have you ever been saved by a PCSO? Have you ever saved anyone yourself? If you're a hero call the news desk on 020 8722 6358, or email email@example.com