Man treated for smoke inhalation in Wallington house fire caused by hair straighteners

The fire was caused by a pair of hair straighteners

The fire was caused by a pair of hair straighteners

First published in News Sutton Guardian: Photograph of the Author by , Reporter

A man has been treated for smoke inhalation after hair straighteners caused a loft to go up in flames.

Four other people escaped the house in Wordsworth Road, Wallington unharmed.

An ambulance arrived and treated a man for smoke inhalation at the scene.

Wallington fire service were called out at roughly 10.30pm last night, and sent two fire engines.

The house was not fitted with a smoke alarm.

Have you been involved in a fire? Call the news desk on 020 8722 6358, or email tom.gillespie@london.newsquest.co.uk 

Comments (1)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

12:19pm Tue 19 Aug 14

Mr Flange of Wallington says...

Wallington only has one fire engine, and has done for some years. We need two though, as this incident shows.
Wallington only has one fire engine, and has done for some years. We need two though, as this incident shows. Mr Flange of Wallington
  • Score: 6
Post a comment

Remember you are personally responsible for what you post on this site and must abide by our site terms. Do not post anything that is false, abusive or malicious. If you wish to complain, please use the ‘report this post’ link.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree