A man has been treated for smoke inhalation after hair straighteners caused a loft to go up in flames.

Four other people escaped the house in Wordsworth Road, Wallington unharmed.

An ambulance arrived and treated a man for smoke inhalation at the scene.

Wallington fire service were called out at roughly 10.30pm last night, and sent two fire engines.

The house was not fitted with a smoke alarm.

Have you been involved in a fire? Call the news desk on 020 8722 6358, or email tom.gillespie@london.newsquest.co.uk