Carshalton grandmother Michele Oatley died after overdose at partner's home
A grandmother died after taking an overdose at her partner’s home, an inquest heard.
Michele Oatley, 45, from Denmark Gardens, Carshalton, was found dead on February 19, 2012, after an overdose of pain killers in Holly Close, Wallington.
An inquest on Thursday, October 4 at Croydon Coroners Court heard how Ms Oatley had a history of self harm and taking overdoses, as well as hearing voices in her head.
The court heard Ms Oatley had suffered a stroke 18 months before her death and was also losing her sight.
She was supposed to see her GP on February 23 to get to the bottom of her blindness but died before the appointment.
An autopsy on February 22 confirmed the cause of death was an overdose of dihydrocodeine.
Dr Roy Palmer conducting the inquest said there was enough evidence to show she was trying to end her life and recorded an open verdict.
A statement from Ms Oately's family said: "She was a lovely daughter, mum and nan, who is sadly missed and loved always. Rest in peace mum."