By Brian Davis

Whyteleafe took all three points against a lively Corinthian side in the Kent League Premier Division.

Despite a 2-1 win, Leafe drop a place to fourth as the side below them had a big win to improve their goal difference.

The hosts should have taken the lead in the 13th minute when Josh Bent was found in the area by an Alfie May cross but he completely missed his shot. 

A minute later, Leafe should also have scored when Jerson Dos Santos broke clear but he delayed his shot and put it too close to keeper Richard Sroud who saved.

Dos Santos was then unlucky moments later to see his shot deflected over the bar by defender Dan Bent. The tricky winger then beat two defenders on the left and found Matt Ferdinando in the box but his shot went wide of goal.

Dos Santos was agian sent clear in the 28th minute by Getro Kilapi, but again he delayed shooting and the defence got back to clear to safety.

Leafe took the lead in the 36th minute. Dos Santos went on a run down the right, beat two defenders, then found Ferdinando in the box, who scored from close range.

Right on half time Dos Santos was again clear but seemed to want to walk the ball into the net, allowing Sroud time to come out and block his shot.

Leafe should have had the game sown up by half time, but a one-goal lead looked precarious against the lively opposition, who had two chances to equalise.

Joe McLoughlin saved a 54th minute shot from Alfie May, then the same player somehow headed wide in the 57th minute with the goal at his mercy.

Dos Santos put a 59th minute free kick wide, but a minute later he put the visitors 2-0 up.

A free kick from Ryan Maxwell found Paul Scott at the far post. His header into the box found Dos Santos, who this time took his shot straight away and found the back of the net.

If Leafe thought the game was now safe, but the hosts had other ideas and changed their formation to a very attacking line up.

They were rewarded when one of the substitutes, Jack Howlett headed home from a corner to give them a chance of getting something from the game.

Alfie May went closest to doing this in the 79th minute when he hit the post, but the home side finally tired a little in the closing minutes, with Leafe having most of the possession and held on to take all three points.

Leafe's next league match is at Church Road on Saturday against top of the table Erith Town - before then they travel to Sutton United on Tuesday night in the rearranged second round Senior Surrey Cup tie.