Regarding the proposed closure of the Charles Cryer and the Secombe theatres article in the Guardian (28th August) I have used both of these venue’s myself in the past for plays and musical evenings.
If these theatre’s do close that will mean Sutton will no longer have any theatre’s for the residents to go and see plays and other entertainment.
I personally think if they do close it will be a pity as the arts are an important part of the community.
I attend a drama workshop myself in Wallington for the over 50’s as I have always liked the theatre and I get pleasure from being part of a group of like minded people who have similar interests.
Let us hope the proposal does not materialise I think Sutton will be a poorer place without these theatre’s of entertainment.
- Send your letters to: email@example.com
- After depression awareness week, what are the top 10 signs you need to watch out for?
- Volunteers needed for RNLI fundraising day across south London
- Rail engineering works set to affect London marathon runners and spectators tomorrow
- Update: Tonnes of builders rubbish catches fire behind Rosehill pet shop
- Clock takes a time out