Regarding the proposed closure of the Charles Cryer and the Secombe theatres article in the Guardian (28th August) I have used both of these venue’s myself in the past for plays and musical evenings.
If these theatre’s do close that will mean Sutton will no longer have any theatre’s for the residents to go and see plays and other entertainment.
I personally think if they do close it will be a pity as the arts are an important part of the community.
I attend a drama workshop myself in Wallington for the over 50’s as I have always liked the theatre and I get pleasure from being part of a group of like minded people who have similar interests.
Let us hope the proposal does not materialise I think Sutton will be a poorer place without these theatre’s of entertainment.
- Send your letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 'Utterly devoted' boyfriend jailed for accidental killing of pregnant girlfriend
- Vandalized memorial repaired in time for Remembrance Service
- Your guide to Halloween events across Sutton
- Documentary on the privatization of the NHS to be aired
- Ghosts, screaming spirits and hauntings: Which are the most spooky places?