Regarding the proposed closure of the Charles Cryer and the Secombe theatres article in the Guardian (28th August) I have used both of these venue’s myself in the past for plays and musical evenings.
If these theatre’s do close that will mean Sutton will no longer have any theatre’s for the residents to go and see plays and other entertainment.
I personally think if they do close it will be a pity as the arts are an important part of the community.
I attend a drama workshop myself in Wallington for the over 50’s as I have always liked the theatre and I get pleasure from being part of a group of like minded people who have similar interests.
Let us hope the proposal does not materialise I think Sutton will be a poorer place without these theatre’s of entertainment.
- Send your letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- UPDATE: Teenager fighting for his life after being 'stabbed by group of males' at Rose Hill roundabout in 'serious but stable condition'
- Car flips on roof after bouncing off two parked cars
- UPDATE: Mother and baby in pram hit by skidding motorcycle as they crossed the road
- Charity's research on prison officer cuts slammed as "deliberately misleading"
- Firefighters come out in force for training exercise at Sutton Hospital