Regarding the proposed closure of the Charles Cryer and the Secombe theatres article in the Guardian (28th August) I have used both of these venue’s myself in the past for plays and musical evenings.
If these theatre’s do close that will mean Sutton will no longer have any theatre’s for the residents to go and see plays and other entertainment.
I personally think if they do close it will be a pity as the arts are an important part of the community.
I attend a drama workshop myself in Wallington for the over 50’s as I have always liked the theatre and I get pleasure from being part of a group of like minded people who have similar interests.
Let us hope the proposal does not materialise I think Sutton will be a poorer place without these theatre’s of entertainment.
- Send your letters to: email@example.com
- Brother of 14-year-old boy who killed himself reaches £100,000 fundraising target
- London councils to make tough calls on services due to £2bn funding shortfall
- Poor air quality having impact on Londoners' health, research finds
- 'Dream' for Wallington man as nephew he's not seen for seven years arrives from Calais 'jungle' camp
- Southern rail strike and Thameslink delays - another great day on the trains